Our Safety and Health Program is based on six guidelines to grant a safe and healthy work place to our employees and to protect the health and safety of the public and the environment.
- Management Commitment and Direction – STF management is responsible for protecting employees, public and environment. Management will provide effective leadership to ensure that the risk-management strategies are integrated into our business and work processes.
- Employees Participation and Empowerment – Employees are responsible for working safely, for complying with H&S policies and procedures and for notifying management of unsafe work areas and work processes.
- Compliance Assessment – STF complies with applicable regulations, codes, and standards and develops and enforces procedures that provide guidance to employees, subcontractors and visitors on their compliance responsibilities.
- Work Analysis/Hazard Prevention – STF develops and maintains suitable processes to ensure that hazard prevention and control methods are in place and effective.
- Qualification and Training – Training is provided to ensure that managers, supervisors, employees and visitors know and understand policies, requirements, procedures and responsibilities established to minimize risk and to prevent hazards.
- Continuous Improvement - STF pursues the continuous improvement of EH&S management. Managers, supervisors, employees, subcontractors, vendors and customers work together to practice and promote proper work habits, develop positive attitudes, use good judgment and comply with applicable EH&S requirements.