Steam Surface Condensers
STF design and manufactures steam surface condensers with superior design integrity and product reliability.
A STF condenser stand apart in its field because of a conservative design philosophy that uses thoroughly field-tested and proven standards for thermal and mechanical design to provide the client with units offering superior efficiency and availability.
These standards are continually reviewed and update according to industry needs, analysis of field service problems and design improvements.
STF CAPABILITIES COVER ALL COMMON TYPES
- steam exhaust opening at the top;
- side steam exhaust opening;
- single shell multiple steam exhaust openings;
- multiple shell condenser;
- single pass condenser;
- two pass condenser – bottom water inlet;
- two pass condenser – top water inlet;
- rigidly supported condensers;
- springs supported condensers.
STF BENEFITS OF A TUBE LAYOUT WHICH ATTAIN THE BEST POSSIBLE THERMAL EFFICIENCY.
STF’ s tubes lay-out is the result of a satisfactory experience in designing and fabricating high-efficiency condensers for a variety of applications using tested and proven conservative standards.
In a steam surface condenser, the proper positioning of the tubes in the tube bundle assures negligible pressure drop, maximum surface utilization, optimum reheating and deaeration, return of condensate to the system at saturation temperature, and other operational advantages.
STF is mainly involved in the design and supply of large steam surface condensers with heat exchange surface ranging from about 10.000 square meters to over 25.000 square meters.
STF has experience with all the common materials used in steam surface condensers:
- titanium tubes for sea water applications with both titanium, or titanium cladded, and copper alloy (aluminium bronze) tubesheets;
- copper alloy tubes and tubesheets for sea water applications;
- stainless steel tubes and tubesheets for fresh water applications (tower, river, lake).
STF has experience with thin tubes, thickness of 0.5 mm for titanium and 0.7 mm for stainless steel.
As usual activity STF supplies water boxes internally coated for resistance to the corrosive action of the circulating water.
STF designs and supplies the cathodic protection of the sacrificial anodes type (anodes material soft iron, zinc or magnesium depending on cooling water nature and condenser materials), upon request STF can supply the cathodic protection of the impressed current system.