Horizontal Gas Flow Arrangement Benson Once-Through Type
Benson Once-Through type HRSG represents the best solution for combined cycle power plants requiring high operating flexibility, with high load fluctuations and frequent start-up and shut-down cycles, maintaining the proven features of drum-type HRSG such as high efficiency, operability and reliability levels.
High temperature transients occurring during fast start-up operations are handled by a thin walled separator vessel instead of a thick-walled drum.
The Benson Once-Through technical solution is also particularly suitable to produce the steam at high temperature and pressure.
The flexibility of a Benson Once-Through type HRSG allows the gas turbine to rump-up in a
combined cycle mode in the same quick way of a simple cycle mode, reducing the consumption of the utilities and increasing the average efficiency of the plant.
The most significant features of a Benson Once-Through type HRSG are hereby listed:
- High flexibility at different operating conditions.
- Capable to sustain frequent start-up/shut down and load fluctuations.
- Reduced start-up times.
- Suitable for producing steam at high temperature and pressure.
- Decrease in water consumption.
- Reduced overall weight compared to Drum-Type HRSG.
- No restrictions imposed on gas turbine start-up.
- Reduced emissions, as a result of shorter gas turbine transient conditions.
- Increased plant efficiency.
STF is a licensee of Siemens for Benson HRSG and can supply, install, commission and start up reliable, flexible, high efficiency units based on the deep experience achieved in many projects executed with the major customers in the world.